Number of Members: 230
Service Region: #4 North Central
State District: NCOEA
UniServ Office: DWC – Lexington
Labor Relations Consultant: Jay Riggs
|WE ARE THE ASHLAND CITY TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
|This is the children and community we serve.
|THIS IS ABOUT OUR LOCAL
| ACTA, WHAT IS IT?
The ACTA (Ashland City Teachers Association) is a local association/union of the professional teachers working within the Ashland City Schools. ACTA represents its members through the work of negotiations for and enforcement of a Master Agreement and providing representation as needed for professional concerns of the member. These are accomplished with the assistance and cooperation of our Labor Relations Consultant and the services of NCOEA, OEA and the NEA. The geographic area of the ACTA consists of the City of Ashland and the central portions of Ashland county in parts of the townships of Milton, Montgomery, and Perry.
The purpose of the ACTA is to work with our members and the Ashland City School District and community to:
· provide a democratic avenue for discussion of and resolution of professional concerns
· provide an avenue for community service and promotion of scholastic excellence
· promote excellence in public education
· elect responsible representative(s) to the NCOEA Executive Committee
· call attention to local concerns and problems
· help coordinate OEA and NCOEA sponsored activities intended to benefit local associations
· elect representatives to NCOEA, OEA and NEA Representative Assemblies.
ACTA Leadership is divided into three groups:
Officers consist of:
· Vice President
· Past President
The Executive Committee performs the ordinary business of the ACTA between the General Membership meetings. The Executive Committee shall be composed of the officers, representatives of each building within the ACTA, and a representative to NCOEA and committee chairpersons. Ex Officio members include any OEA officer, NEA Board of Director and/or OEA Executive Committee member who is a member of ACTA.